Pancakes- The Sweet Delight
Are you bored of eating same breakfast every other day? Whaaaaat….You’re on a diet!!! Muesli and Oats are your go to breakfast? Oh man..! Why did I cook these gorgeous flat babies if you can’t have them..um! Whaaat…you want to have a cheat day tomorrow morning? hahahhahaha[sce emoji=”laugh”/]
Well, traditionally Pancakes are called to be flat breads-medium thick and round in shape made from different sorts of sticky batter. It could be with eggs or without, milk and butter are a must have. So, this is it!
To talk, there are numerous varieties of pancakes we can cook but today I am making the sweet delight with milk and eggs. Pancakes are really so easy to make, healthy and fulfilling. The fluffy texture creates that indulgence, whenever I got bored of regular meals and I don’t want to include meat into my regime I make them! Baking powder gives that airy texture if you going vegan! Else, eggs help in achieving airy lift plus give a kick to the recipe.
We gonna cook them today in a very basic and traditional way, I was delighted with the result. I made the video and when they were bubbling on the griddle I was going crazy to dig into them, eventually, I am always hungry whenever I am shooting, duh!
Pancakes can’t be eaten alone, they are a bit dry that ways, I mean I find them may be! We need to have some good thick liquid to pour like honey or chocolate(I love Nutella ). Fruits make good sides like banana or strawberry even blueberry is heavenly. Okay, if in case you want to put on then go ahead with heavy whipping cream and lots of butter dude! Biceps huh…[sce emoji=”Nahi”/]. Wake up your monstrous side
Nevertheless, It is just basic ingredients that we put into Pancake but the outcome is heavenly. I just love to make them at least once a week. If you don’t feel like eating something sweet as your first meal of the day, go ahead and make buttermilk ones or go extra miles and grab some oats- make a sticky batter-add your choice of nuts, go creative![sce emoji=”talk”/]
There are no such heavy instructions required to make old traditioned Pancakes, it’s just that they taste so good as extra light and soft with gorgeous golden color on top. If anything important comes in will discuss in the instructions below: So, “What are you waiting for .. Love them like I do”…na naa[sce emoji=”bhangra”/]
1 cup All purpose Flour
4 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1 cup milk
1 egg (optional)
2 tsp vanilla essence / cinnamon powder
50 gm melted butter
A block of butter to garnish on top
100 gm honey to garnish
1-2 ripe bananas as side
4-5 sweet strawberries as side
Instructions to cook:
- Take a bowl, add all the dry ingredients-all purpose flour-baking powder-baking soda-powdered sugar-salt. Whisk well. Now add melted butter and keep whisking while adding warm milk gradually. This way baking powder will activate and the batter will go bubbly. Whisk until everything is well combined. Add one egg(optional). Do not over mix else Pancakes will go hard.
- Let the batter sit for around 10 minutes, meanwhile take a pan or griddle and pour 1 tsp of butter or clarified butter(my preference). Take a scoop spoon or soup paddle to pour batter in a circular motion. Let in bubble over the flame for around a minute or so.
- Flip over and let them golden brown. That’s all you gotta do for today! Lovely, isn’t it!
- This batter will make around 5-6 pancakes depending upon the size and thickness you choose. Anyways, if you want to have more just follow the 1-1 flour and milk ratio and multiply the recipe with doubling the baking powder and baking soda all together. This is simple stuff, my lazy bums!
- Now, the final step. Pour some honey on the stack just like I did and butter to attain that buttery silky portion every time. That’s all folks!
For visual instructions, See me cooking below