Vegetable Noodles are all-time favorite of every child even adults cannot control themselves oversight a bowl full of ginger-garlic aroma with shiny long noodles in it. It is known to be a Chinese dish but now Indians do praise it just like their own.
In India, we have it as a snack but it can also be consumed with accompaniments to mold it into a main-course dish. We always have a stomach for Noodles, huh! …However, every body has their own favorites. Noodles are at their best when they are freshly made and the finer they are-the better.
That doesn’t mean the packed ones are not good, Although, we can never compare a freshly made to a packed one. Isn’t it? I prefer to make my own if I am able to as per my schedule, you see what suits you best. However, we can play with the latter part which is the cooking process.
Vegetable Noodles, are full of goodness consists of fresh vegetables . Now, the vegetables are completely as per your choice or liking. Someone prefer something, but somebody doesn’t like it at all.
Anyways, lets not get into fights because at home I use to face this a lot and at the end I put everything and leave it to them..I say..Please find inside the bowl what you want to eat, I just pull my hands, Duh!! You also try if you face such favoritism by your children or siblings.[sce emoji=”happy”/].
Making good noodles is an art, they are cooked best in a big wok as there you get sufficient space to roll them over. But, that doesn’t mean it can’t be cooked in a simple pan. Just prefer a non-stick one if you a beginner.
Well, If you take a wok take hot wok and cold oil- splash it all and remove the oil. This will make a non stick coating over your wok. Just a little tip for my lovely noodle makers.[sce emoji=”heart”/]
Please make sure you are best prepared before starting the cooking process, get the veggies chopped, sauces ready by your side once the noodles are boiled. Noodles are suppose to be 85-90% cooked.
Cook noodles in super salty water with a few teaspoons of oil, add noodles once the water is bubbling. Will share rest details in the instructions, okay!
So, lets wrap this up and begin with Vegetable Noodles, come on!
Vegetable Noodles: A Chinese Staple Food
Course : Snack/ Appetizer
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Servings: 4 persons
Author: Sonakshi Saxena
1 Tsp Oil
1 cup Grated Cabbage Purple/ Green
1/2 cup Grated Carrot
1/4 cup Sliced Onion
1/4 cup Sliced Green Onion Bulbs
1-2 Tsp Ginger chopped
1 Tsp Garlic chopped
1 Tsp Black Pepper Crushed
1.5 Tsp White vinegar
1 Tsp Black soya sauce
1 cup boiled Noodles
Spring onion to garnish
- First, start with boiling the noodles. Add Noodles in boiling salty water with a teaspoon of oil. Boil for 6-7 minutes. The cooking time may differ with the quality and quantity of Noodles we use. Quantity can be taken care of as more the Noodles, Bigger the pot , more the water. About Quality, we need to be a little conscious..so please check after 5-6 minutes and remove from the flame once they start to break easily but shows some stiffness while doing it.
- Once boiled, strain the water and at the same time rinse with cold water couple of times until all the starch is gone. Take some oil and roughly coat your Noodles. Keep them aside
- Second and most important step, Slice the veggies you want to use like red cabbage, green cabbage, onion, capsicum or bell peppers, spring onions(Bulb portion), ginger juliene, sliced garlic, spring onion green portion as well for garnish.
- Put aside the other requirements like white vinegar, black pepper, black soya sauce. Measure them, and keep aside. Don’t forget to keep salt too..This is a must step for beginners else you will end up with sticky noodles with no crunch at all. As the whole process needs to be done on a very high flame and quickly too.
- Once everything is done and ready. Turn On the flame, heat the pan/wok – add oil- saute ginger garlic and then start adding vegetables one by one. Once everything is saute well in around 3-4 minutes. Add vinegar, black soya sauce, salt and pepper.
- Lastly, add boiled noodles and mix everything well. cook for 2 minutes more ..and we are good to go!! Garnish with some green onion/ coriander and enjoy the sumptuous bowl…lovely!![sce emoji=”joy”/]
Use two paddles to mix Vegetables and the Noodles thoroughly if you aren’t using a wok.
For visual instructions, See me cooking below